Thursday, January 28, 2010

What a wonderful couple of weeks!

Some excerpts from the last couple of letters.......


January 18---We had four baptisms this Saturday.  Yep, four.  Not a big deal--we're just real good over here in Aldo Bonzi.  Michel, who´s twelve; Gisel, who´s fifteen; Erik, who´s twelve; and Mili, who´s nine.




This is a picture of Hermana Daniels and
Mili at her baptism.










Those who were baptized and the priesthood doing the baptizing.      



Yes, they´re all pretty young, but Michel and Gisel are incredible.  They read everything we give them and both come to church alone cuz nobody in their family is a member.  Well, Michel´s dad is, but  he´s less active.  He´s got an older brother who´s a member but lives far away but he came to baptize him and it was real great  There were over fifty people at the baptism--probably more than sixty.  I really don´t think I´ll ever see a baptism like it ever again in my mission.  It was really cool to see so many people in white. Anyway, I was happy at the baptism, but I think I was more happy on Sunday when they got confirmed.  I dunno why, but I really liked that part.  



I have brown hair again as of today.  Like really brown.  I like it much much better I´ll send some photos...some day.  I like the dearelders.  Keep doing them.



January 25--We had lunch at our bishop’s house yesterday and we were walking to his house after church and he asked me where I´d been on vacations because in Argentina everybody is going on vacations right now.  I began to tell him some places and I mentioned Hawaii because I mentioned the family and how I had a family member who used to be President of BYU-Hawaii.  He replied... Wade?... I couldn´t believe it.  He served in the Dominican Republic with Matt Wade.

 Cousin Matt Wade is front row, far left.
Hermana Daniels' Argentine Bishop is in the purple shirt.
(circa 1994?)




I love my companion!

Hermana Leguizamon 
and a brunette 
Hermana Daniels.



As far as the work goes, we are having a lot of success.  We are having another baptism this Saturday.  Her name is Sol.  She´s sixteen and she probably weighs eighty pounds.  She is so sweet and her Grandma lives in the house right next to hers and is always playing 1940´s old music--the kind I love.  So when we teach Sol I really enjoy the music in the backround.  It is really nice.

Our recent converts are amazing.  Michel received the priesthood and we are now teaching his brother.  His dad, who is less active has been at church the last two weeks.  Also, the two little kids who´s Mom is less active were not at church because they were sick.  But the mom came with the other daughter who we´ve been teaching and she has a baptismal date, too.

My comp and I deep cleaned the pench.  It´s AMAZING. Being clean changes my life.
























No comments:

Post a Comment