Thursday, March 25, 2010

LET'S CATCH UP--BIG TIME!!

Here are notes from Aldo Bonzi

February 1
It’s FEBRUARY! I can’t believe it! It’s like January didn’t even exist. It flew by! We’re having a lot of success here. The four people who were baptized are progressing and doing well. We’re having two more baptisms this week, Sol and Diana, both teenage girls. Sol is amazing. We gave her a talk by President Monson to read and to pray to see if he was a prophet and she said she knows without a doubt that he’s a prophet after she read it. Diana is the sister of the two little kids who were baptized two weeks ago. They are a big family—like fifty people in the same family and their houses are all connected. They are all starting to come to church now. It’s cool to see.





So I have a cool story. Yesterday one of my ancient investigators that I taught with my last companion came to church. When I saw her walking towards the chapel I threw my hands up and was yelling, “YEAH!”. She had a huge smile on her face. After the first hour of church she came up to me and whispered that she wanted to get baptized. We set a date for her at the end of the transfer. She is a smoker and has to quit smoking. But I was so happy because we worked with her forever. Her name is Lilian and she’s fifteen and basically is a mom. She takes care of her brothers and sisters. Her dad is sick and her mom works in a different city. But she’s got some progressing to do before we can be sure she’s ready to be baptized, but it was good for me to see because I for sure thought she would not get baptized. But looks like I just need to have a little more faith, eh?

It’s my comp’s birthday today and we’re travelling to Ramos today to celebrate. It’s like a big city and we’re going to go eat at a restaurant. Can you believe that? A restaurant!

Oh, I want pictures of you guys. I have pictures, but they’re all of the same day, Jeff’s wedding. I need a little bit of a switch up to show the people. You know, maybe in normal clothes everyday life. The people are going to think that we’re all uptight and always dressed up! Naw, I’m just kidding!






February 8
Well, this week was great! We had two more baptisms. Diana and Sol. Some sad news, though. Lilian went to a party Saturday night and smoked a bunch so she won’t be getting baptized. She didn’t come to church either. Sacrament meeting is last and the family that lives next door to her tried to see if she was there a bunch of times and she didn’t respond or anything. So my comp and I left the church right before sacrament started and ran to her house. It was pouring rain! Rang the bell… nothing… opened the door (she lives behind like two doors) and started banging on the second door… nothing… so she didn’t come to church. We went back soaking wet, but who cares? But we will still try to work with her.

Today is the last p-day of this transfer. I will be getting transferred most likely from Aldo Bonzi. So this might be my last week here. I am scared to leave, but it’s time. I can tell because I’m starting to get comfortable. My comp and I are doing really well, too. It’s always when you’re comfortable that you need to change because you’re not growing, right?

So weird story—There’s this family here that lived in Utah for the last twenty years and we were at their house Saturday morning and they were watching the Fox 13 News on their computer. Not going to lie, it was weird.

Funny story: There’s this couple in my ward and they cruised down to San Clemente for vacation. That’s where Gavin is serving. I wasn’t sure which ward he’s in, but
they went to the exact ward where he is.


My companion and Giselle and Me.  Giselle is crusin' through the Book of Mormon!





Just doin' some shopping.



President and Sister Benton came to fix breakfast and celebrate!




President Benton, Hermana Lopez, Hermana Daniels, and Sister Benton.
What a skit it must have been!



This is the blonde before the (purple??) brown.




No comments:

Post a Comment