Monday, November 1, 2010

JUNE 2010--A BUS AND A TAXI SOMETIMES DON'T GET ALONG



JUNE 28, 2010

Yesterday my comp and I taught Primary.  There were 11 little kids and I was insanely drained afterward.  Little kids really take it out of you.  The new ward is smaller.  It’s what I thought Argentina would be like.  I guess Hurlingham was the largest ward in the stake.  But I like this area.  It has a lot of potential.

There is an investigator named Jessica.  She has two little boys.  Her husband has substance problems.  She has been an investigator for almost two years.  I already knew her a little bit from doing divisions here a few times so the first time we were going to see her I already knew her situation.  I thought of the plan of salvation puzzle and pulled it out.  We explained how she needs to think more in long-term rather than short-term.  After we taught her this lesson, it’s like a big boulder hit her in the head.  She told me last night that the lesson made things crystal clear.  She really wants to get baptized.

We are supposed to have a baptism in two weeks.  His name is David.  He’s been an investigator for two years and is finally getting baptized.  He’s about 51 years old and has kids, but his wife doesn’t want anything to do with the gospel.  We’ll see what we can do.


JUNE 21, 2010

We had transfers today and I left Hurlingham.  It’s sad.  I felt very, very loved from all the converts, recent converts, and members.  It helped me a lot.  I know I told you that I wasn’t sure if I wanted to come back here, but now I do.  I have already promised a bunch of people I would come back.

I am in Ituzaingo 4 with Hermana Perez from Nicaragua.  She is “dying” this transfer, which means going home at the end of this transfer.

Just so you know, I’ve been using the same earplugs since the MTC.  I have fallen in love with earplugs.  I threw them away last night when I was packing and hopefully I can wean myself from them.

We had a baptism yesterday.  His name is Diego.  I’ll send you pictures.  I haven’t written much about him because of the bus accident and stuff.

I can’t believe Blake got married and that you all got to go.  Do you realize when I get home we will all be able to be in the temple together?  That will be cool!

Enjoy the warm weather because today was the first day of winter and it will start getting cold here.  We are slaves to the climate. 


JUNE 15, 2010

I am in the offices right now.  I have to write you guys an email because something happened yesterday and we did not have time to do internet. So yesterday we took a taxi to run an errand and when we finished I was getting out of the car and I did not look when I opened the door and a bus came by and hit the car door.  Well, then a number of things happened after that. We were parked really badly almost in the street, which is why the bus hit us, but also, I did not look.  What happened afterward was the worst part.

He wanted me to pay 500 pesos to him and he would take care of it.  Wowo wow wow!  I thought I do not have 500 pesos to give.  So then I asked him about his insurance and asked him to give me the number of his insurance company and I will call them and work through it with them.  He said no and that is not how it works here—pointing out the fact that I was North American and did not know the system or whatever.  Then he started saying he did not have taxi insurance, only personal.  It was illegal for him to even take us………

(Long story short:  the price got up to 2,300 pesos and kept going up and up and up!  So Jill called President Benton, the assistants spent almost a whole day with the taxi driver, and they all kind of came to an agreement.)


No comments:

Post a Comment