Saturday, February 19, 2011

January 10, 2011--?me entendes?


Greetings here from South America.  We are doing very wonderful here, just sweating away.  I just looked over my shoulder and saw a rain cloud out the window so my hopes are high.

This week in the mission field was interesting.  We had plans to have a large number of investigators at church, but a large number fell through so we will have to keep working with the members to help us.  There are two sisters who want to get baptized, but their mom won’t let them and we have gone by every single day of the week to find the mom.  We even made her a cake cuz it was her birthday and she is never there.  We’ll keep trying.  I dunno if I told you guys that President Benton gave the whole mission a challenge to read the Book of Mormon so I have been doing that, but the Ensign came out in English with the conference talks, so I have been a little distracted.  That is something I will really like to do is to go to conference. 

We have transfers next week.  I guess there are four new sisters coming from the states.  I dunno if you guys understand, but it’s a little exciting for us when we receive new females just because we are so few here. 

Argentina news updates:  The whole country is out of money.  We had to pay rent this week and we had to travel yet again an hour by train to wait in line for about an hour to get money.

I had an epiphany this week when I was walking in the street.  I was thinking about my relationship with God the Father and how I really don’t think about him all too often with the hecticness of all the goals, appointments, deadlines and things of the mission.  But I thought if I think about Him always I will have such a happy desire to do all that is asked of me.  It was a nice little thought I had.  Family, it’s been a while since I have shared any spiritual thoughts, but I want you to know that I have felt the love of Jesus Christ in my life and am extremely grateful for the life he has blessed me with and for all of you.  This is the only true church and I have a testimony of its truthfulness.  I want you all to know that. 

I hope you have a good week and enjoy the warmth of an inside heater.  I’ll just use the sun! 

No comments:

Post a Comment